How to Join
- Meet the minimum and maximum program entry age:14 years or older (17 years old to receive a scholarship).
- Committed to attending both the aerospace studies class and Leadership Lab each semester.
- Meet the dependency policy: No more than two dependents under the age of 18 who are incapable of self-care.
- Have at least a 2.0 cumulative COLLEGE grade point average
- Meet Air Force ROTC weight and body fat standards
- Of good moral character.
- Meet the Air Force policy for Tattoos, Brands, and Body Piercings.
The following conditions MAY preclude you from Air Force ROTC membership but will not keep you from enrolling in an aerospace studies class:
- Conscientious objectors—one who has or had a firm, fixed and sincere objection to participation in war, in any form, or to the bearing of arms because of religious training or belief, which includes solely moral or ethical beliefs
- Present or former commissioned officers of the Armed Forces
- Officers of the Health Services and Mental Health Administration and members of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- Those medically diagnosed with asthma or who have been prescribed Ritalin or any other medication for ADD and/or ADHD at any point in their life may be precluded from military service, but this may be waived, depending on diagnosis and treatment.
- Individuals on active duty with any military service—enlisted/warrant officers of Reserve or National Guard, unless conditionally released
- Nonimmigrant students from nations not approved by the Department of State
- Students who do not or cannot meet required standards of weight, appearance, decorum, discipline and military performance
- Individuals who have dropped out of a previous officer training program (e.g., Officer Training School, United States Air Force Academy, etc.). This may be waived, depending on individual circumstances.